Be it any stage of parenting, it’s a Herculean task for parents to keep their kids busy in some fun filled activity during summers. The activities should be simple, less riskier, safe for kids and informative and an activity to learn from.
Here are some activities in which kids can get involved and entertain themselves and all the mothers out there (especially the working supermoms) can be stress free:
1. Membership for library: Reading is always a fun activity. Kids in library can explore many new books of their interest. Such an activity can be informative and beneficial to them. Kids will get to enhance their vocabulary. Good readers can understand the structure of a piece of writing in a better way. This can therefore lead to academic success too!
2. Gardening and outdoor activities: Kids today have become techno freak and in such a case summers are the best opportunity for sending kids outdoors and make them do some real activities. Gift them electric scooters and they will love it driving outdoors. You can know more about electric scooters for kids – kfk at KidsforKing.org.
Research says garden based learning has multiple benefits. It helps kids keep close to environment and hence understand its importance in a better manner. It creates pleasing landscapes, fosters ecological learning, stewardship skills and team work.
3. Know their interests: Knowing a kid’s interest and then involving him/her in an activity is a sign of a good parenting. The activity may be of any type namely sports, art, theater, music etc. A kid will majorly engross himself or herself in activities that lure him or her most. This would bring out their true and real self.
4. Get a pet: Petting makes a kid learn many things like sharing one’s own space and room; unconditionally loving other creatures and above all they always (24*7) have a companion with them to care for and to play with.
5. Taking kids to drive in/zoo: Yes its family time! At weekend or so take kids for a drive in or zoo. This will let them have some quality time with their families.
Apart from these let kids make a list of the things they want to do and stick it on their cupboard or tag board. This will always remind them of the things they want to do and hence keep them away from boredom. Create an activity box filled with crayons, paints and brushes and let your kid be an artist for a day.